July 19, 2013
ACRIA annual Cocktails at Sunset benefit.
What: This year, Acria’s annual Cocktails at Sunset benefit will be presented by Coach. The evening will begin with cocktails and a silent auction hosted on paddle8.com, followed by an intimate dinner for 100 guests. The organization helps support those with or at risk for HIV. >>Read More
July 18, 2013 | by JEFFREY SLONIM
|Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Jill Zarin, and Aviva Drescher (photo: Andrew Werner)|
Perhaps this summer's best celebrity sighting was Lady Gaga shopping and chatting with Blue & Cream’s buff Jeff Goldstein in East Hampton.
But this past weekend's starriest event was Jill Zarin's Luxury Ladies Luncheon at her new Southampton home. According to Zarin, the party started early: she had a “slumber party with Millionaire Matchmaker's Patti Stanger on Friday night. “Jill ordered New York pizza from town,” said Stanger.
The next afternoon, over brunch at chez Zarin, Dina Lohan said that she was in a good place, “My kids are all happy and healthy. That’s how I roll.” Also spotted at the event was a slenderized Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Christie Brinkley, Taylor Dayne, and Aviva Drescher, wearing a vintage dress she "paid $50 for."
>>SLIDESHOW: Jill Zarin's First Annual Luxury Ladies Luncheon
Also on Saturday, Lori Levine showed her Comes With Baggage line (vintage purses with adorable custom art) at Blue & Cream in East Hampton. FYI, Full House and 90210’s Laurie Laughlin also hit Blue & Cream this week.
Sunday, June 7, Happy Gilmore actor Christopher McDonald tried Social Bar & Grill, as did Mad Men's Rich Sommer (Harry Crane) at another table.
July 17, 2013 | by JEFFREY SLONIM
Katie Lee, Debra Halpert, and Samantha Yanks at Hamptons' 35th anniversary celebration. (photo: Eugene Gologursky/gettyimages.com)
A fresh crop of imitations pop up every summer—the sincerest form of flattery—but Hamptons has a unique 35-year history of covering gracious living on the East End. And this reporter has been writing for the glossy for approximately 15 of those 35 years. Hence, Dispatches was only too happy to join the ever-cheery editor in chief Samantha Yanks and publisher Debra Halpert to celebrate all of our wonderful years this past Friday evening at Nova's Ark Project during ArtHamptons. After all, don't we deserve a slice of fluffy cake?
July 16, 2013 | by JEFFREY SLONIM
As if the rarified social strata on the East End didn’t feel grand enough, the inspired architects Herzog & De Meuron completed the Parrish Art Museum’s new 34,400 square-foot home in Water Mill last November. This past Saturday's Midsummer Party marked the annual fête's first year in the elegant new space, a former potato barn nestled on a grassy meadow.
July 12, 2013
Hamptons summer fashion issue cover star Aerin Lauder
1. Those antiques fairs in East Hampton are perfect for roaming around and finding beautiful old glass and quilts or baskets.
2. Dave’s Grill in Montauk (468 W. Lake Dr., 668-9190)—to me, that is heaven. Fried clams and beer at Clam Bar (2025 Montauk Hwy., Amagansett, 267-6348) is a post-surfing ritual. I also like the classics like Nick & Toni’s (136 N. Main St., East Hampton, 324-3550) and the garden at Tutto Il Giorno (6 Bay St., Sag Harbor, 725-7009). Sant Ambroeus (30 Main St., Southampton, 283-1233) is amazing for gelato and pasta.
3. I love to play tennis, go for long walks on the beach, and paddleboard on Georgica Pond; I’m a little scared to go in the ocean.
4. Flying Point Surf Shop (69 Main St., Southampton, 287-0075; 34 Main St., Sag Harbor, 725-0705) has amazing bathing suits and water shirts for children.
5. Beautiful gold-dipped shells make wonderful hostess gifts because it can be put on a desk or a table or a tray. It’s a perfect finishing touch.
>>READ MORE: "Aerin Lauder on AERIN, Grandmother Estée, and Family Traditions"