July 25, 2013 | by By Michelle Soriano
The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s 16th annual designer benefit, Super Saturday, is this weekend (Saturday, July 27, 1-6 p.m.; tickets start at $450 on supersaturday.org). Celebrate in style and sport any of these six pieces inspired by teal, the official color of ovarian cancer awareness.
July 25, 2013
The Calder trunk in jade macro paisley (LEFT) and Liberty Art fabric (RIGHT).
The man who dresses in business formal during the workweek often seeks the same astute attention to detail for his weekend wardrobe. Fortunately, the designers at beachwear brand Onia use in-house fabric in luxe styles like Spanish seersucker and Italian memory fabric to create sophisticated styles for such discerning gents.
Onia’s signature Calder trunk ($145–$195) draws a classic chino silhouette, featuring the distinctive lines of carefully crafted dress pants. Easily one of its best sellers, the shorts come in a variety of artful paisley prints and shades of jade, well-suited for cabana lounging at Capri. Scoop Beach, 51 Newtown Lane, East Hampton, 329-6800
After endless speculation and rumors, Bentley recently made an official statement that their much-anticipated EXP 9 F concept SUV will go into production as the company’s fourth model line. It’s expected to hit the market in 2016.
July 24, 2013 | by Beth Landman
Karina Freedman gives a client luscious eyelash extensions.
One of the great arts of summer beauty is learning how to look naturally lovely with minimal prep time, and perhaps nothing enhances your look as dramatically as lash extensions. Lengtheners come in many varieties—there are shops that chop off the end of your own flutterers to make it simpler to glue on synthetics, and salons that add thick extensions—but on the other end of the spectrum is lash guru Karina Freedman, who will be offering her services at Salon Xavier every other Monday from July 29 through August 26.
July 23, 2013 | by Sharon Feiereisen
Super Saturday 16 comes to Water Mill this weekend.
Super Saturday, the annual star-studded Ovarian Cancer Research Fund fundraiser, is back for its sixteenth year. The event, which raised over $3.5 million last year, takes place this Saturday, July 27 (1-6 p.m.) at Nova’s Ark Project in Water Mill. Here are 16 things we’re looking forward to.
1. Countless celebrity appearances, including hosts Kelly Ripa and Donna Karan.
2. Exclusive pricing on over 200 designers. This year’s lineup features the likes of Donna Karan New York, Theory, Diane von Furstenberg, Helmut Lang, J Brand, Ralph Lauren, Elie Tahari, Zimmermann, and Vince.
3. Rachel Zoe’s Designers A to Zoe booth with finds from J. Mendel, Chloe, Proenza Schouler, Etro, and many more.
4. QVC’s dedicated Pinterest campaign, Pin It Forward. Simply repin the designated QVC pins, and for every repin, QVC will donate $1 to OCRF, up to $10,000.
5. Instagram a photo at Super Saturday with the Robert Rodriguez handle (@RRodriguezStyle) and hashtag (#RRSuperSaturday) in the caption, and the Robert Rodriguez booth will print a copy of the photo via their InstaSaturday printer.