July 27, 2012
“People beg, borrow, and steal to get a bag,” says Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s Katie Dillon. “They’re packed to the brim.” The valuable bags, one intended for children and another for adults, are designed yearly by Donna Karan and donated to the organization. Magaschoni, C. Wonder, Frederic Fekkai, Caudalie USA, and Amrita Singh Jewelry are all part of the prized carrier. Dillon is most excited about the vbeauté eye cream, “because it is a fabulous, luxurious product, and the Exhale Mind Body Spa Core Fusion Body Sculpt DVD,” she says. Nova’s Ark Project, 30–60 Millstone Road, Water Mill
PHOTOGRAPHY BY REBECCA SAHN
July 26, 2012
The biggest shopping event of the season is almost upon us, and to prepare, we’ve come up with Super Saturday-approved outfits for male and female attendees that can transition into any East End event or day on the beach.
July 25, 2012
Consistently one of the season’s most buzzed-about events out East, this year’s Super Saturday promises to be stacked with amazing attractions both old and new.
Created in 1998 by Donna Karan and the late Liz Tilberis, all net proceeds go directly to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s research programs. Last year Super Saturday raised over $3.5 million.
Below, we’ve compiled 15 reasons to get psyched about Super Saturday 15.
1. Countless celebrities, some of the world’s leading fashion designers, and star hosts Kelly Ripa, Paula Patton, Ariel Foxman, and Donna Karan (cover star of our next issue, out on Friday).
2. Specials on designer wares from over 200 brands including DKNY, Diane von Furstenberg, INTERMIX, Scoop NYC, J Brand, Theory, Helmut Lang, Smythson, and Ralph Lauren, as well as the “Designers A to Zoe” booth by Rachel Zoe, which will feature finds from the likes of Marc Jacobs, Marchesa, Jean Paul Gaultier, and more.
3. COVERGIRL beauty demonstrations throughout the day.
4. Fresh Beauty Cleanse Truck giving out the brand’s cult favorite soy face cleanser and deluxe size samples.
5. Color Club Color Bar offering manicures, pedicures, and nail art.
6. Aruba Happy Lounge hand massages and a chance to win a four-night stay in Aruba.
7. Psychic readings.
8. Dry hair styling by Dove Hair.
9. Charitybuzz hosting a Super Saturday auction with one-of-a-kind VIP experiences and celebrity meet and greets. Bidding will be live at the event or at charitybuzz.com/supersaturday.
10. For children, face painting, balloon artistry, s’mores, performances from Miss Pinkie, a reading of The Super Adventures of Sophie and the City: All in a Day’s Work, and a carnival.
11. An InStyle Cabana with beauty, beverages, and more.
12. Open bar that includes a variety of wine, champagne, spirits, and beer options. For those that prefer caffeine over alcohol, Hampton Coffee Company will be on hand as will ZICO, Red Bull, New Leaf Lemonade, Voss, and countless other beverage purveyors.
13. Endless snacks from popchips, Carvel, Pinkberry, Crumbs Bakeshop, Pirate’s Booty, Sant Ambroeus, and many more throughout the day.
14. Epic goodie bag stocked with treats from Exhale Mind Body Spa, C. Wonder, Frederic Fekkai, Korres, vbeauté, and Kenneth Cole.
15. QVC will be broadcasting a two-hour QVC Presents Super Saturday Live segment at 2PM (EST), live from the sale so you can shop designer finds from Joise Maran and Melania Trump and support the charitable cause even if you can’t make it to the event.
Super Saturday 15 is Saturday, July 28, 2012 at Nova’s Ark Project in Water Mill.
Tickets are $450 (regular) or $650 (preview) for adults and $150 for kids ages 5-16 (kids under 5 free.) Preview ticket includes an exclusive shopping hour from 12-1 PM, and gift bag. Tables and sponsor packages are available from $2,500. For tickets or more information, call London Misher Public Relations at 212-759-2800 or visit Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s website, supersaturday15.kintera.org
July 24, 2012
To appropriately honor the most wonderful time of the year (Hamptons season), StyleCaster interviewed some of the most fashionable Hamptonites to get their style secrets. The piece isn’t live on News.StyleCaster.com until tomorrow at 10 AM EST, but we’ve got an EXCLUSIVE preview on two of the chosen Hamptonites—including our very own editor-in-chief, Samantha Yanks!
July 24, 2012
According to recent events in the Hamptons, style is getting infused with splashes of citrus from pumpkin-hued bags to tangerine bikinis. In honor of the trend, Filipa Fino compiled her favorite event pictures, and a shoppable list available on HavetoHave.com. See her finds, and create your own list of Hamptons must-haves on HavetoHave.com. Filipa says:
"A splash of orange goes a long way this summer. Whether a dress, a shoe, a bag or a gorgeous coral cuff, it's all you need to update your wardrobe."
—FILIPA FINO FOR HAVE TO HAVE