Tracy Pollan's Favorite Things
by jill sieracki
Tracy Pollan and her children Schuyler, Aquinnah and Esme
If Tracy Pollan were writing a “what I did on my summer vacation” essay, it could easily end up a book. Earlier this month, she reprised her role as Beth Twitty in Lifetime’s Justice for Natalee Holloway, the follow-up to the critically acclaimed made-for-TV movie Natalee Holloway. She’s also working with her husband of nearly 23 years, Michael J. Fox, and Ralph Lauren on a line of designer dog tags to support the Michael J. Fox Foundation’s mission to raise awareness of Parkinson’s disease. When she does have a little time to unwind, Pollan likes to head to these local 10 favorites.
|Stone Creek Inn|
1. Buying boogie boards at Jetties (109 Main St., Westhampton Beach, 288- 0488), then spending the day at The Swordfish Beach Club (245 Dune Road, Westhampton Beach, 288-1666).
2. Dinner at Baby Moon (238 Montauk Hwy., Westhampton Beach, 288-6350), followed by dessert at Main Street Sweets (121 Main St., Westhampton Beach, 288-5753). It has great candy and ice cream for the kids.
3. Buying sandwiches at the Quogue Country Market (146 Jessup Ave., 653-4191) and then picnicking at the beach.
4. Mountain biking on the trails in Montauk, then stopping for lunch at the Lobster Roll in Amagansett (1980 Montauk Hwy., 267-3740).
5. Shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables at the Olish Farms Country Market in Eastport (Eastport Manor Road, 325-0539).
6. Shopping at RRL in East Hampton (57 Main St., 907-9201).
8. A great day in Sag Harbor would be shopping at Urban Zen (4 Bay St., 725-6176), then an early dinner at Tutto Il Giorno (6 Bay St., 725-7009) before seeing a show at the Bay Street Theatre (1 Bay St., 725-0818).
9. Romantic dinners at the Stone Creek Inn (405 Montauk Hwy., East Quogue, 653-6770).
10. Shopping at H Groome (9 Main St., Southampton, 204-0491) for beautiful home furnishings. It’s great for housewarming gifts.
photograph by kris tamburello (townline)