Stephanie Hirsch loves to hang with the boys when she’s relaxing out East.
BY AMANDA WEINER
Stephanie Hirsch with her children Hunter, six, and Dash, 20 months
Designer, entrepreneur and author, Stephanie Hirsch has written the book on motherhood— literally. For Mother Nurture: Life Lessons from America’s Best and Brightest (HarperCollins), Hirsch interviewed mothers of some of the most respected individuals around the globe and gained wisdom that has translated into her own parenting. While spending some time out East collaborating on a new collection for SoulCycle, she cherishes every minute she has to run around town hand-in-hand with her boys, Hunter and Dash.
1. I love shopping for my boys at J.Crew-at-the-Beach; the Crewcuts T-shirts are so soft and have that worn-in vintage feel. 84B Main St., Southampton; jcrew.com
2. The coolest board shorts are at Espo’s Surf & Sport! 2101 Montauk Hwy., Amagansett; esposurfshop.com
3. Second Star to the Right has the most amazing toy selection for kids of every age. 2049 Montauk Hwy., Bridgehampton; 2ndstartoys.com
4. For the best selection of dress clothes for the kids, I head to Hatchlings. 30 Main St., Southampton; hatchlingsonline.com
5. I love getting up early with my boys and going to the beach on Ocean Road. No one is around; it feels like our own private playground.
6. We love to take them for ice cream in Sag Harbor, then the Variety Store to get a cute little toy or yummy candy. The Ice Cream Club, 7 Main St., Sag Harbor; Sag Harbor Variety Store, 45 Main St.
7. The Duck Pond in East Hampton is great because the kids love to feed the ducks. The farther we walk along the path and the deeper we get into the forest, it really feels like we’re on an adventure!
8. Amagansett Beach and Bicycle Company has such great activities: The rubberized track is safe for riding bikes, and there’s a skate park with skateboarding ramps for all levels, a hockey rink and a playground. 624 Montauk Hwy., amagansettbeachco.com